Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 1-9, 2018 - 3 years 11.5 months - Forest Fair Weekend!

I found a leech on Kadin's nether regions and after letting him play with it a bit, Kadin asked me, "Can we keep him?  I want to name him poopie-poopie."  OK… time to Google "how to care for your pet leech."  Wow, gotta love Google.  I am NOT the first Mom to ask that question!

We went to the Forest Fair in Girdwood this weekend and the kids just took over the place, running across the stage and having a blast.
  
Here's a video of him dancing to the live tunes!


And then playing with the corn hole toss game in the beer garden (while Mama sat on the side and had a beer).




After the playground, Kadin wanted to check out the skatepark next door and was fascinated by all the tricks the skaters were doing on the ramps.  I think we spent 2 hours here.  The skaters loved him and even lent him a board to play around with.

Mostly Kadito has way too much energy to sit and do art, but this was a rare after-lunch quiet moment and we spent about an hour at the kid's table, making an octopus and decorating butterflies.

Walking around the festival and randomly finding a few hula hoops to try out.

1 comment:

  1. I dont know anyone who has a pet leech except for K.
    looks like k is the leader of the pack for charging across the stage.
    Love Kadin grooving to the music. adorable
    But the corn toss is my fave there are no rules as to how you score.lo
    ALL Aboard!! The conductor is ready for the train ride.
    K and his 3 amigos chatting about their skills and mishaps.
    Love the colorful octopus....
    Are these hula hoops extra large? Good job K.

    ReplyDelete