Monday, May 16, 2016

May 11, 2016 - May 17, 2016 - 22 months

Frog eggs!  and now in our house!
The next night, after mucking through our pond for the frog eggs, we jumped in the plane and met up with a bunch of other out on a gravel bar of the Chulitna River.  4 or 5 planes, at least 10 adults, 3 dogs, and 2 wild and crazy kids.  Sky, the other kid, borrowed my camera and most of the pictures posted here are hers, so pardon the blurriness, but I loved seeing a 3 year old's perspective!








Maybe Sky covered half the frame on purpose… for privacy.

The photographer's self-portrait!

OK, I took this one… too cute!
Two nights later, I was inspired by Teresa and wanting to find a yummy way to hide broccoli, so I made my own little ravioli.  The dough was part whole wheat, white wheat, and rice flour, so I don't think I would have wanted Teresa there to judge them, but Kadin liked them, and that was the main goal!  Stuffed with ricotta, tofu, veggie sausage, and, of course, broccoli.

We enjoyed the ravioli outside, in the buff, with red wine, of course.  
(That's the Italian way, right Teresa?)

After dinner, Kadin wanted desert and spied 3 high-bush cranberries off in the forest.  So he took off after them, crashing through the shrubs barefoot and naked, until he found a prickly rose bush and then asked Mama to carry him the rest of the way.  


And, last but not least, we ended the week with a bike ride to the Flying Squirrel cafe, about 3/4 mile away, and Kadin biked the whole way!  He loves this balance bike!!


2 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with the frog eggs??
    Great pics Sky. I cant believe you are only 3 years old.Great selfie.Kadin looks very relaxed and so cute...what was the last pic of the raviolis supposed to be????Kadin looks adorable naked again.looks and sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are watching the frog eggs become tadpoles and the tadpoles become frogs! Will post more pics each week as they develop.
    The last ravioli I cut out with a gingerbread-man cookie cutter… so it's a stuffed ravioli-man!

    ReplyDelete